Director of Robotics and Controls
Director of Robotics and Controls
Location: ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250, San Diego, CA 92128
ATA is seeking a Director for its growing Robotics and Controls group. The group is building a practice in control systems applications such as industrial machines, autonomous vehicles, entertainment and theme park action equipment and rides, and aerospace ground support equipment and flight hardware. The director is responsible for all group personnel, technical oversight of key projects, and supporting the business development team in the pursuit of business opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine the technical direction for the group based on market opportunities and personnel skills.
- Develop and execute a capabilities development plan that supports the group’s business direction.
- Provide technical direction in one or more areas that are core to the group’s business.
- Work with other company directors and managers to provide effective integration of the group into other company projects.
- Prepare and give presentations explaining the group’s technical capabilities, business experiences, and future direction to company managers, the business development team, and potential customers.
- Work with the business development team to develop and nurture a client base to support the group.
- Provide supervisory responsibility for the group including work direction, career development, training, and performance evaluations.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- M.S. in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace) plus 10-12 years of technical and managerial controls development experience OR
- Ph.D. in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace) plus 5-8 years technical and managerial controls experience.
- Experience leading and supervising engineers at all levels from interns/co-ops through senior level.
- A demonstrated ability to formulate, fund, and lead business in controls.
- Experience with controls development in MATLAB or similar environment.
- Product experience in aerospace, entertainment, or high tech is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- History of relevant publications.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to form productive and cooperative relationships with directors/managers in other functional areas.
- Some travel to work at client sites is required.
- Able to lift up to 50 Ibs as necessary for luggage, etc.
- Ability to spend long periods of time in front of a computer.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.