Electrical Design Engineer
Electrical Design Engineer
Location: ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive S, San Diego, California 92128
ATA is seeking an experienced electrical design engineer interested in working on all types of electromechanical hardware for projects such as industrial machines; entertainment and theme park action equipment and rides; and aerospace ground support equipment and flight hardware.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement controls algorithms.
- Design and document AC power distribution systems in accordance with accepted industry standards for lightweight industrial machinery, production tooling, and automated systems.
- Design and document controls architecture and DC distribution for automated systems.
- Develop proposals, statements of work and costing, evaluate and negotiate customer requirements, and recommend solutions.
- Work with controls engineers to develop, implement, and document control solutions.
- Write deliverable applications, embedded software/firmware and ladder logic, and maintain configuration control of software products.
- Perform analysis as required to support designs.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline with an excellent academic record plus nine years of industry experience or
M.S. in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline with an excellent academic record plus five years of industry experience (preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of industry design and safety standards relating to electrical design: IEEE, NFPA, etc.
- Ability to develop deliverable applications in multiple languages: C, C++, Python, MATLAB, Simulink, LabVIEW, Ladder Logic.
- Knowledge of analog and digital circuit design as well as circuit card design and documentation.
- Knowledge of cable design and documentation.
- PE license or desire to obtain a PE license is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Some travel to work at client sites is required.
- Able to lift up to 50 Ibs as necessary for luggage, etc.
How to Apply
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current resume or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement regarding your U.S. citizenship.
Please note: we prefer electronic copies of all documents, but you may also mail them to the address below if necessary. Many of our contracts require access to government, defense, and classified information. We cannot consider your application unless you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident. Unless you specifically state otherwise in your cover letter or email, you will be considered for all current openings at all ATA locations. Once we have reviewed your qualifications, you will be contacted by email regarding the status of your application.
Email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South, Suite 250
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.